Robert has a wealth of experience in customs and indirect tax having managed both customs and forwarding operations within Australia and acted as a senior trade analyst for many blue chip multinational corporations.
Robert’s industry recognised expertise has seen him engaged by both the government agencies and law firms alike as an expert independent witness in matters before the courts. His views on such matters as Government trade policy have been published and his opinions on law reform sought by commissions.
Robert’s expertise also extends to post graduate lecturing, having presented successfully on the circuit for the past 26 years in addition to being engaged by technical institutions & industry peak bodies to develop and write course curriculum.
Robert has been licensed by the Government since 1986, holds a fellowship with the CBFCA and is fully accredited by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. His specialist experience covers all facets of international trade from tariff and valuation to Government assistance and grants, dumping, compliance and duty minimisation with a strong commitment to training in complex customs related matters.
- Managing Director, VoxGroup Pty Ltd.
- Past Director, Professional Development and Training, Customs Brokers’ and Forwarders’ Council of Australia (CBFCA)
- Former Director of Consulting Services for the South Pacific Region, Tradewin.
- Former General Manager for Customs and Compliance for the South Pacific Region, Expeditors International Pty Ltd.
- Former Manager for Insurance and Risk Management for the South Pacific Region, Expeditors International Pty Ltd.
- Former Partner FWG Training Services
- 1986: Licensed to practice as a Customs Agent
- 1986: Admitted as an Associate to the CAIA
- 1991: Elected to the Board of the CAIA (NSW)
- 1992: Elected to the inaugural Board of the CBCA (NSW)
- 1992: Accepted the NSW Industry Reference Group’s nomination to write the ACTRAC Import/Export Project
- 1992: Engaged to write the National Tariff II Syllabus
- 1992: Commenced lecturing post-graduate in advanced customs technical subjects
- 1994: Elected as Chairman to the Joint Industry Customs Course Advisory Committee
- 1998: Admitted as a Fellow to the CBCA
- 2005: Engaged with FWG Training Services) to write the on-line curriculum for the CBFCA’s brokers’ training course
- 2016: Elected Director of Professional Development & Training, Customs Brokers’ and Forwarders’ Council of Australia (CBFCA)
- 2017: Served on the Customs Compliance Advisory Group
- 2018: Served on the Customs Compliance Advisory Group
- 2019: Served on the Customs Compliance Advisory Group
- Served on the CBCA:
- National Legislation Committee
- State Legislation Committee
- National Examinations Sub-Committee
- State Education Committee
- Served on the AQIS/CBCA Steering Committee to formulate the direction and expansion of the AQIS accreditation program
- Employed by TAFE as a technical assessor of examination papers
Articles published by “Import Journal”